The latest version of HealthQuest Patient & Practice Manager contains the new expanded biochemistry module.
New Integrative tests added include:
- Mauve factor / Kryptopyrroles
- Neurotransmitters (Serotonin, Dopamine, GABA, Noradrenaline, Adrenaline)
- Thyroid Profile (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone TSH, Free Thyroxine fT4, Free Triiodothyronine fT3, Reverse rT3, Thyroid Autoantibodies)
- Fatty Acid Metabolites (Adipic acid, Suberic acid, b-OH-b-methylglutaric acid,b-OH-butyrate)
- Citric Acid Cycle Metabolities – high levels indicate mitochondrial dysfunction (Lactic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Citric Acid, cis-Aconitic Acid, Isocitric Acid, a-Ketoglutaric Acid, Fumaric Acid, Malic Acid)
- Nutritional Profiles (Copper, Zinc, Magnesium, Selenium, B1, B6, B12, Active B12, Vitamin D, CoQ10, Homocysteine)
- Saliva Hormones (Cortisol, DHEA-s, Oestrone E1, Ostradiol E2, Oestriol E3, Progesterone, Testosterone, Melatonin)
- Functional Liver Detoxification Profile (Phase I: Caffeine Clearance; Phase 2: Acetaminophen glucuronide (glucuronidation), Salicyluric acid (glycination), Acetaminophen mercapturate (glutathionation), Acetaminophen sulphate (sulphation).
- Neutrophil to Lymphocyte Ratio (this can alert us to the fact that the immune system is dysregulated from inflammation and that our cancer patients are at higher risk of mortality. )
Includes Western Medical and Nutritional implications of blood tests e.g. Liver function reading GGT.
HealthQuest also includes:
Biochemical Screening and Free Radical Therapy –
A Breakthrough in Disease/ Imbalance Identification & Treatment
Most practitioners recognize that rates of infectious disease are rising and that levels of antibiotic resistant bacteria and chronic disease are going up. Yet high-tech devices and health care facilities abound and costs are at a premium. That’s why it’s time to question where we are going and take a fresh look at our approach to the current health ‘care’ system. It’s time to move away from a crisis care formula to the lateral, yet scientific and systematic process of a Health Model System.
Patients are demanding results. They are turning more towards alternative forms of medicine to solve their problems. The best answer lies in a systematic approach that deals with patients as individuals, with very different Blood Chemistry Patterns and family histories. Individuals count. Results count.
Every once in a while a medical development occurs that is so monumental, it affects the very essence of how we treat disease and the human body. And as history has taught us, breakthroughs are often pitted against a great deal of resistance before becoming recognized for their true value to mankind.
Biochemical Screening combined with Free Radical Therapy is one such breakthrough. It is creating a significant paradigm shift in looking at health parameters that will completely alter the way practitioners treat patients in the future. It is a scientific approach to disease that identifies specific health markers through the use of standard pathology tests and the patterns of disease that the tests reveal to diagnose and treat problem areas. It is a formidable tool that will impact on how practitioners will practice in the future.
Most practitioners have been trained to rely a great deal on what a patient tells them is wrong. Then, if all seems cut and dried, they treat their patient for what they have been told and their patients’ symptoms. It is really diagnosis and treatment by presumption. This often means that diagnosis and treatments are not always effective – including many nutritional protocols currently used to treat disease conditions.
If a problem seems a little more serious, blood tests may be ordered or a referral to a specialist may be considered to further investigate what you think may be the problem. That’s fair enough. Except that you will only get a fraction of the bigger picture using blood chemistry readings as currently understood.
For example, many long-term studies of large populations show increased risk of disease with many people even when the pathology testing results are within the “normal” range.
Now, laboratories are required to designate as a “reference range” of values, those that fall between 2.5% and 97.5% of the maximum values of the “normal” reference population. This presumes that 95% of individuals without obvious symptoms are healthy… as we all know, this is definitely a wrong assumption!
In addition, conventional lab reports typically present the result of blood and other tests without explanation, leading patients and practitioners to conclude that because the results are within the “normal” reference range the patient’s symptoms must be ALL IN THE HEAD.
Exact treatment, pinpointed with scientific accuracy, using comprehensive pathology testing is attracting worldwide interest and is identified as the Health Model Approach. It addresses your Total Blood Chemistry Patterns and identifies very definite Health Markers that lets your practitioner pinpoint the exact treatment you should follow.
When your practitioner evaluates your blood chemistry parameters using this approach, their recommendations are based on good hard science. This method addresses hidden causes, such as unexplained toxins as well as taking into account individual biochemistry, lifestyle and medical history.
The proof is always in the treatment – follow up the blood chemistries and you can see directly how your treatment is positively influencing your blood chemistry parameters and clinical symptoms.
Blood chemistries are used to identify the 6 critical sub-clinical defects that underlie every degenerative defect:
1) Excess Acidity / Alkalinity
2) Oxygen Deficient Metabolism
3) Free Calcium Excess
4) Long Term Inflammation
5) Structural Tissue Problems
6) Free Radical & Oxidative Stress
This understanding alone will change the way you perceive health and treatments. There is a large folio of success stories of even so called incurable autoimmune and chronic degenerative diseases.